Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Rutgers RIOT Review #5

The Rutgers RIOT Application is an internet based tutorial that effectively explains and demonstrates how to utilize the resources available to students at Rutgers via the libraries and databases owned by the school. It follows a simulation style approach to introducing the methods to conduct research via online resources and how to utilize certain keywords or databases in order to obtain the most relevant information for the desired research topic. I found it very enlightening in the sense that it explained many methods of finding and validating articles and how to utilize things such as the bibliography to further expand and locate more information. Overall it was a great application and I am glad I was exposed to it.

I plan on using the library resources to conduct immense amounts of research on my topic. I would like to access news paper articles and other periodicals and media available in order to gain a better perspective on events that occurred in the past at Rutgers and other schools throughout the nation and how the relate to what is occurring today and whether or not any of the protesting that has happened in the past was efficient and effective in completing or satisfying the goals that were desired by the protesters at the time. I definitely want to be able to utilize the databases to find valid and academically admissible content as well in order to maintain the strength and validity of my research paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment